Wednesday, December 28, 2011

scholes passes on education

Paul Scholes is hoping to educate United's next generation of stars by drawing on the lessons he learned as a player.

The legendary Reds midfielder, who retired last summer and took up a coaching role at the club, worked with a string of top coaches during his silver-lined career, and he now wants to impart that wisdom in turn.

“It would be stupid not to use the experience of the people you’ve worked with," Scholesy told Inside United magazine.

“I’ve worked with unbelievable coaches like Archie Knox, Steve McClaren, Rene Meulensteen, Mick Phelan and Brian Kidd. I’ve worked with the best so if I haven’t picked something up from them, there’s something not quite right.

Scholes also took time out to praise Reserves manager Warren Joyce, with whom he has been working for the majority of his fledgling coaching career.

“I’ve been working with the Reserves," said Scholes. "The youth team already have a couple of coaches, so I’ve gone with Warren Joyce. He’s been great. I’ve settled in well with him and he’s been teaching me along the way so that’s been good.

“He’s got bundles of experience which is nice – he’s been coaching probably half his life, 20-odd years in the job. He’s been great, always giving me bits of advice; what to look out for, what he thinks I should be doing. He’s been brilliant to have here.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger news